United Nations Peshawar 300 Jobs Announced, Pakcreamy Job Ad 13-feb-2017
Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Bachelor’s degree in Law – focus on legal drafting
10 Years(• Experience in legal development processes relating to gender and human rights particularly public policy)
Feb 21, 2017
Feb 7, 2017
The assignment, National Consultant for UN Women Drafting Home Based Workers bill is a part of the one-year partnership between United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) and the Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) to enhance the capacity of the Women Parliamentary Caucus (WPC) of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) to integrate a gender perspective in new provincial laws and policies and review of existing legislation.
The Home Based Workers bill has been promulgated by the province of Punjab, in order to protect the rights of the home based workers it is imperative for the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to have a provincial home based workers act.
The Womens Parliamentary Caucus of KP in line with its mandate of enhancing Womens role in participating in Parliamentary issues has undertaken the task to draft the provincial Home Based Workers bill.
The consultant is expected to deliver the following results:
Draft the bill in the light of Pakistans national and international commitments including CEDAW
Carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the Deputy Country Programme Director
The activities include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Initial work plan within one weeks of signing the contract
- Desk review and material collected (legislations by the federal government and other provinces)
- Consultations with the WPC and concerned government departments
- Drafting of the Home Based Workers bill following CEDAW legislative guidelines on VAW
- Assisting the WPC-KP in submission of the draft bill to the concerned government departments for review and input.
- Incorporating the comments by the concerned government departments and the provincial assembly secretariat.
- Assisting the WPC-KP in resubmission and approval of the bill till these are tabled in the provincial assembly of KP.
- Reports of meetings and events facilitated
Women Parliamentary caucus in KP will provide office space and logistics in relation to arranging meetings for the consultant.
Minimum of ten years experience working on similar assignments
Bachelors degree in Law focus on legal drafting
Experience in legal development processes relating to gender and human rights particularly public policy
Excellent knowledge of the international and national frameworks on gender and development
Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Urdu
Previous experience of working in KP is strongly desirable